A few months ago, when I learned about Storybook Wedding Consulting and the opportunity to meet the owner Jennifer Lackey, I was excited to meet her and learn more about her background. I love weddings and all that surrounds the festive occasion that celebrates love and the promise of a happy ending. I have had two big weddings and wore a big white wedding gown each time. I have spent endless hours watching shows on TLC about weddings and wedding dresses. I was so addicted to these shows I had to cut myself off and cancel cable. Hence why I was so excited to meet Jennifer and have the chance to get insider information about trends, traditions, money saving tips and ask any questions I could think of that can help a newly engaged couple plan their next step.
Planning a wedding is exciting and challenging. Between budget constraints, family dynamics, and high expectations, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. But don’t worry. There’s no need to elope just yet! With Jennifer’s guidance, you won’t have to worry about any detail getting overlooked.
Jennifer curates weddings fit for a storybook and has one of Atlanta’s top wedding consulting businesses. She’s been in the business for over 25 years, which started much earlier. Since she was a young girl, she was in love with all things bridal, and her mother helped cultivate her interests by bringing her bridal magazines so Jennifer could create dream weddings that she organized and kept in notebooks.
One evening, I had the pleasure of meeting Jennifer over tea at a local bookstore. Her warmness and grace convey the professionalism and capability that would put any bride at ease. Jennifer has a genuine love for her profession and her clients. She’s adept at working with all types of budgets and dreams for the bride and groom. Her website states: We team up with the top wedding vendors to create a flawless process for you! We know that a wedding takes an entire team working together to make the event extraordinary! We offer services ranging from event production, to full planning, to any event related to your wedding and beyond. We want to create the perfect package to fit your wedding planning needs while saving you time, sanity and money.
Remember that show Bridezilla? I also asked her how often she comes across those types of brides and her advice to those who may sway in that direction.
Don’t Be a Bridezilla Advice:
- Remember, it is one day, and at the end, you will be married; whatever happens is a part of the story.
- It’s about two families coming together-it’s not all about the bride.
- Have realistic expectations-consider your budget.
Top Wedding Trends
- Full on color! Lots of color!
- Favors are fading- save money; guests don’t care about bringing party favors home.
- Groom’s Cakes are not as typical anymore.
- The garter toss is an outdated tradition, and most brides skip it.
- Toasts are not as popular.
- No bridal parties- reduces expenses and stress.
- The bride and Groom spend the day together to get ready.
- The bouquet toss is still a thing for single ladies to catch the bride’s flowers.
- Something borrowed, something blue, something old, and something new.
- Grooms are more involved in the planning process.
- Late-night snacks are popular as parties continue later.
- Hospitality bags for guests
Tips to Stay on Budget
- Be mindful of the headcount.
- Minimize bridal party or no bridal party to reduce bouquet cost.
- Reuse/repurpose bouquets from rehearsal dinner to wedding to brunch the next day.
- Eliminate transportation.
- No programs
- No RSVP cards in the mail- save on the cards and postage- RSVP online.
- Don’t skimp on photos or videos to save money. Captured memories are an investment that will always hold their value.
- Disposable cameras are coming back again! It’s an excellent way for your guests to get candid shots.
- Albums will always be around to share, and no chance of you losing all your precious memories to a computer crash. Invest in the album. You will be happy you did when you have it to share with your grandchildren.
Jennifer wants her clients to understand that no matter the financial situation, “You can still have a wonderful event if you remember your values, and the best parties are the ones that compliment you.”
Jennifer has a solid 5-Star rating from her clients. She’s truly a gem in the business!
“Truthfully do not think the day could have run without her! Jen is so incredibly organized, kind, detail-oriented, and certainly knows how to get things done! My mom was worried about having to deal with too many vendors the day of the wedding (because it was in her home), but Jen took care of everything and we were all able to just enjoy the wedding. She is also such a wonderful person – the kind you are happy to have cemented in such an important day! 1000% hire her!!” -Corrie M.
“The day wouldn’t have been a success without Jen’s help through the whole planning process. She was the first person we called after the church —since we are repeat clients from our first daughter’s wedding we knew we needed Storybook Weddings to help us make it the perfect day that it was. Jennifer goes above and beyond and catches all the details. She had our backs.” –Sara N.
“Trust me when I say, every bride needs Jennifer from Storybook Wedding Consulting! Jennifer was my “month-of” and day-of coordinator. I use quotes around “month-of” because Jennifer started helping and adding value WELL before the month out from my wedding! I was an extremely organized, Type A, probably slightly controlling bride and I cannot imagine my wedding without all of Jennifer’s help and expertise. No matter how much I thought I could have every detail nailed down, the day would have NOT happened successfully without her. She was able to provide so much professional insight whenever I had questions, she knew all the right things to ask during my final walk through that I would not have thought of, and my wedding day could not have run any smoother. I was very anxious leading up to the wedding with all of the different moving parts and Jennifer always provided such a calming presence and helped put me at ease. I know multiple other brides that have used Jennifer and I’m SO glad she was recommended to me!” –Patricia H.